Today is the beginning of the third day Nuki is on natural hydrocortisone. Day 1 and 2, she had the usual morning nosebleeds. Day 2 I did not notice any bloody discharge the rest of the day. This morning, no nosebleed so far! Typically, she would have had a nose bleed by now. She is thirstier than usual (which is to be expected) and may be a bit lethargic (hard to distinguish if it is heat related, or something else). She is also on 150mg of doxy twice a day and I have been giving her slippery elm "soup" http://www.holvet.net/slippery_soup.html and probiotics to address and/or prevent gastric upset.
If Nuki continues to do well on the natural hydrocortisone, we will continue it for two weeks. Then we will cut back to the minimal dose needed to treat the epistaxis. I am extremely uncomfortable having her on a steroid, but I am also uncomfortable with her bleeding daily. I have not found much on the internet about natural hydrocortisone so if anyone knows anything, please share with me. I actually feel like dancing - really! But I must admit, I hesitate to celebrate just yet. For now I am grateful, prayerful and feel a little less desperate. I might actually think about something else besides Nuki today.