Tuesday, August 2, 2011
An Unhappy Start
...to an important day. Today is Pinuki's eighth birthday. It is not happy so far. She is bleeding profusely and most likely will spend the day at a vet's office. I have pulled out all the sheets and other floor coverings to capture as much blood splatter as possible. There is blood on my slippers, legs and arms. I did not have it in my heart to push her away - not on her birthday. It always seems to hurt her feelings. She is used to open arms. Dr. Saylor is on vacation and I am waiting to hear from Dr. Maniet. Hopefully, we can get in to see her. I am where I feared we would be. Nuki needs medical care and I cannot pay for much beyond the basics. What am I suppose to do? The irony is, even if I wanted to (which I don't) or needed to (which is not necessary at this point), I cannot even afford to euthanize her. Dr. Saylor said to return to half the amount of Doxy and add the Clindamycin. I am starting that today. Please, please whatever you do - pray, think positive thoughts - whatever, do that now and often. Pinuki is the gentlest, sweetest, most loving soul. I am doing everything I can think of to help her through this and remain calm. Unless you have experienced this, you have no idea how impossible that is. I have cancelled work appointments for today to attend to, and be with Pinuki; losing income I need to generate, now more than ever. Just when I think my heart can break no more it does. After two hours, the bleeding has finally stopped. I am grateful for the smallest of "victories."