Thursday, June 30, 2011
Can't Prove It
...but it just might be that the recent pesticide application was responsible for Pinuki's setback. Forty eight hours after application, Nuki's nosebleeds began once again. She has developed a yeast infection in her right ear. I suspect it is the result, in part, of an imbalance of intestinal flora caused by the antibiotic. I started giving her probiotics today - at least two hours away from the antibiotic. I also treated her ear with Zymox Otic http://animalpetdoctor.homestead.com/Zymox.html I started giving her Onco Support today, which is designed to support and improve immune system functioning. Active ingredients include milk thistle which I ran out of before the recent setback. I put all my shoes out of Kalu's "reach." But I just found a shirt I did not even know I had, in Nuki's crate. I finally had my blood drawn (for a change) for a laboratory work order my doctor gave me back in March. So, overall, it has been a good day.