Sunday, June 12, 2011

Thinking About The Bleeding

Well, around 2:30, Nuki was on her side sleeping on the floor and I noticed two blood spots under her nose. I used my finger to see if they were "fresh" and unfortunately, they were [it is hard to keep up after all the bleeds so yes, I often must resort to the "touch" test to distinguish old blood from new]. I've been speculating about what makes a good day (minimal bleeding) and what makes a bad day. I think on the "better" days, she is bleeding, but it does not drain out. As the day goes on, the blood begins to accumulate - primarily in her left nostril - she starts to sound congested ("girgling" in the nose), that increases, until the next day when she "blows it all out" with several vicious sneezes. So much for theories. All this speculation does is make me even more frustrated we don't know what is causing this! This bleeding is not going away. This is a dog with a ligated carotid artery and she is still bleeding!