Saturday, June 25, 2011
Focusing on Treatment Options
I have heard from veterinarians across the Country and around the world. This includes vets from the vet schools. This is what I have learned. Nuki has a top-notch medical team. The vets who know Pinuki's vets personally or by reputation, confirm they are among the best in their specialties. Those who do not know Nuki's vets, have indicated their diagnostics were appropriate and thorough. Once all logical diagnostic tests have been done, the options are to sit tight, or begin repeating some of the tests in case something has progressed and is more readily apparent with diagnostic testing. There are times in veterinary medicine a cause for a symptom is not determined or further diagnostics cannot be afforded. In those cases, vets may do treatment trails. That is what Nuki's vets are currently doing for Nuki. They are treating her with Doxycycline just in case she has an undetected infectious disease. At this point, I need to change my focus from diagnosis to treatment options, and raising the funds to afford her medical care. What treatments should I consider, why and how will I pay for them?