Sunday, June 12, 2011

The MRI

I have to admit, I wonder often - what if I had never taken her for the MRI? Lots of people, including vets - one an anesthesiologist, find it curious the nosebleeds began during the procedure. But all the professionals think it is highly unlikely the MRI was the cause of the persistent epistaxis. Even if the intubation was nasal and she sustained a traumatic injury, the injury has had plenty of time to heal. There has been speculation she had a reaction to the medications. An animal communicator said the, "bloody noses are reaction to anesthesia. Head was pushed out of place; moved in a bad direction/way; blood pressure went up high ('it was scary for her')."

The MRI doctor says she has seen bloody nasal discharge when the patient's blood pressure spiked, but all of Nuki's vitals were normal throughout the procedure. She said that Nuki was extremely anxious. Subsequent blood pressure readings have also been normal.