Friday, June 24, 2011
Definitely Getting Better
I think. I am pretty sure. Nuki's gums definitely appear pinker. I assume this means she is bleeding less and her hematocrit level is increasing. In a few weeks, hopefully this will be confirmed. I continue to be cautiously hopeful. In the past, there have been periods of reduced bleeding and then the bleeds have returned with a vengeance. This might sound ridiculous, but one reason I think this time might be different has to do with how her "sister" is acting. For the last few months, Kalu has mostly "watched" Nuki. She has smelled her, brought her stuffed animals and slept beside her. Lately, Kalu has tried to engage Nuki in play and, at times, Nuki has responded. Kalu jumps on her, paws at her and overall, disrespects her - just like she did before Nuki became ill. And Nuki responds just as she did before she became ill. It is like things are back to normal - mostly.