Monday, June 27, 2011

Possible Reasons for Decline

This weekend I brought Dr. Saylor up to date on Pinuki. I explained that she had been doing well on the Doxycycline for fifteen days. On the sixteenth day, Nuki's bleeds began to get worse. Dr. Saylor advised that I think hard about what I did those fifteen days - what might have changed on or by day sixteen. I came up with three things. First, Nuki did not get Hepato Support. The active ingredient is milk thistle http://www.whole-dog-journal.com/issues/5_7/features/5470-1.html. She had been getting it, since her surgery, to detoxify and support liver functioning. Second, a pesticide was applied throughout our community on the twenty fourth. There were warnings posted to keep children and pets off the grass for two days. Nuki's bleeds worsened the next day. I still smell the chemicals and felt them in my throat. I am waiting to hear what was used. And finally, Nuki started a refill of the Doxycycline. I will contact the pharmacist today to explore the possibility the medication is "bad" in some way and perhaps get a new refill.